Jul 30, 2010

Mad Men

This past Sunday my favorite show finally returned for its fourth season! Mad Men takes place in the 1960s with a storyline that focuses on an advertising agency –Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. Since my first job was in advertising I find myself constantly relating to the dialogue. But my new career in Interior Design allows me to relate to something even more exciting – the set design! Set Designer Dan Bishop does an amazing job of creating authentic spaces that aren’t too cliché. In order to celebrate the new season I’ve selected the following items that could be used to create your own Mad Men design at home.

Room and Board, Reese Sofa, Gibson Cocktail Table, Grove Armoire

 
 Dual, Open Frame Armchairs by Bertha Schaeffer

Marie Battaglini, Eames Executive Chair

Orange, 1960s Milo Baughman Style Chaise Lounge

Svenska Mobler, Dining Table by Bonta


Orange, 1950s Bar Cart


Orange, tripod lamps


Pariscope Design


2 comments:

My Shimoda said...

I love 60's furniture but the couches aren't as comfy. That bar cart is gorgeous! Have you ever seen a globe bar?

Lindsey "Lou Lou" said...

The couches are defenitely not as comfy - but they do looked more pulled together with the tight upholstery! And globe bars are hilarious! I like authentic ones, but I've seen a new one that's made out of plastic-like wood and it's not so "cool."

Post a Comment