Feb 26, 2011

Top or Bottom?

I was one of those kids that had a bunk bed all the way up until high school. I thought it was the coolest thing eveeeeer. I had one with a queen bed on the bottom and a twin on the top (which made it even cooler).  My sister and I used the bed to play numerous games of fish.  We would tie a string around a stick and put a hair clip on the end.  The person on the top bunk would use the pole to "fish" for toys while the person on the bottom would put a stuffed animal on the clip and yank on the string as if it were taking a bite.  Now if that's not a good time, I don't know what is! 

Buuutttt.....now that I'm in the design world I'm not sure I would want my kid to have one.  Is that mean?! They just seem to take over the entire room and it's inevitable that the child will grow out of it at some point. 

If I had to design around a bunk bed I would follow the lead of these designers....



source unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment