Oct 22, 2010

Catalog Living

If you're anything like me, you get a million catalogs in the mail! I always find myself browsing through them and fantasizing about how that couch or rug would look in my apartment.  But more often than not I am perplexed on some of the styling that goes on in those rooms. Is it realistic that someone would have a lamp hanging from their ceiling? Or four pairs of the same old leather shoe lined up at the front door?  Not likely.  And I'm not alone in these thoughts - actor, writer, and comedian Molly Erdman has created a website that is dedicated to such idiocracies. Here's an example of what you can find at Catalog Living...


"As if the pile of leaves in front of Gary and Elaine’s door weren’t enough, the haphazardly placed welcome sign removed any doubt that no one, in fact, was welcome."



"The pushpins were left behind as Gary furiously ran to the store with the two notes they had previously held: 'Buy fruit for second bowl' and 'Buy fruit for third bowl.'"

2 comments:

LatteLisa said...

What a wonderful blog you have! I found it when searching for an image of a turquoise Moroccan leather pouffe.

I'll be coming back ;-)

Greetings from Belgium.

Lindsey "Lou Lou" said...

Thank you!! I'm still new to the Blogging world so it's nice to hear someone out there is enjoying it :)

Post a Comment