May 30, 2011

3 Day Wedding

Three day weekends are no longer about mini vacations and bbqs. At my age...they're all about weddings! We have so many these days that my boyfriend and I had to split up this weekend because our cousins were getting married on the same day! (we also attended a wedding last month and we have another wedding coming up next month!!) Craziness I tell you.

But with all that being said, I love weddings!! Especially when they involve LOTS of family and great food.  I just got back from celebrating the marriage of my wonderful cousin Andriana and her lovely groom Nick. And to say this was a real life BIG fat Greek wedding would be an understatement.  There were around 450 guests (apparently the invite list began at 600!) and everyone seemed to be some sort of distant cousin or relative. This couple is loved by so many and they all gathered to create delicious food, dancing and a good time. Here is a snippet of what I saw:
The beautiful bride
The line for the reception!
Flowers and succulents cover the large tent poles
Greek dancing!
The cutest kid ever - my adorable nephew (soon to be Godson)!

*I can't believe I didn't take any pics of the food! I guess I was too focused on shoveling it into my mouth to care about documenting it ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment