Dec 7, 2010

It's Complicated

Even though it came out around this time last year, I just got around to seeing the movie It's Complicated this past weekend.  I'm never too fond of predictable, romantic comedies but seeing as though this took place in Santa Barbara (my hometown) I had to check it out.  The gorgeous scenery, combined with the work of acclaimed set designers Jon Hutman and Beth Rubino made for a great backdrop!  The director Nancy Meyers used the same design team to create the sets for Somethings Gotta Give and The Holiday. If you haven't seen the movie, here's a sneak peek into their signature style.  I wouldn't mind planting roots in this gorgeous home.

I love the neutral palette with pops of Orange and Navy Blue - such a classic look.
With plans to remodel the Kitchen in the movie, the set has a lived in, eclectic look.

2 comments:

jessica said...

i loved looking at the design elements, in the background of this movie. i have to say it's what i concentrate on most during movies, regardless of genre. great post!!

LatteLisa said...

I haven't seen the film but it's on my list. When I saw the trailer I fell in love with that kitchen, it's to die for. Look at all that space ... mon dieu ;-)

Post a Comment